Thursday, November 16, 2006

Dial - up nightmare

After only 2 days holiday after exam finished, I’m back in Indonesia now. As I imagined, the nightmare of not having Internet come true.

· First of all, I can’t connect my old PC keyboard to my Mac Mini since the plug is not compatible.

· I can’t use MSN messenger since the updated version need Internet explorer 6.0 while mine is still 5.0.

· Officially, it will take me 1 hour to download the messenger and another 2 hours for IE 6.0

· The sad bit is that the Internet connection cannot keep up running for more than 1 hour. It keep disconnecting and I have to keep reconnect it. Imagine how many hours for me to download the update?!

· Mean while when it finally connected, I can’t browse anywhere else since the connection speed is too low to support download and browse (dial up max-45 kbps).

· I have no speaker for my computer. So I have to listen songs from my Mini, which is horrible. I can’t connect it to the home theater since, again, I don’t have the converter for the plug.

· Next. My laptop’s motherboard is broken and I will need IDR 3,000,000 to fix it.

The up side is that I can ask for a new set of PC. I think I’d rather spend it on a new PC than to fix the laptop. But who knows, my dad said we don’t need a fancy computer since he only use it for the Microsoft office and browsing (rarely happen). If that so, at least I have to get a new keyboard that is compatible for Mac and PC. Or else I'll be really really miserable =(

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha :) kacian d kamu di singapore itu internet 6 - 12 MBPS hehe :) no limit download bisa sampe PC kita terbakar :) video streaming, skype sampe puas d hehe :) tapi ada 1 hal yang Singapore yaitu kekayaan alam, biar bagaimanapun Indonesia tetap lebih baik n bagus ! kita punya natural resouces yang sangat2 kaya

 
Blog Template by suckmylolly.com