Tuesday, May 12, 2009

There is something about the rain

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass

It's about getting out there..

.. and dancing in the rain"



I remember when I was a kid my parents never allowed me to play outside when it rains. They always asked me to get into the house immediately as soon as the drizzle starts. I also remember I like to stand under the roof's edge and held my hands up to feel the drizzling water with my palm. And even that, I wasn't allowed. My parents really protected of me that they were afraid I will catch cold if I get wet. I hardly remember myself played under the rain ever when I was living with them.

As I grew up I remember clearly the day I last played in the rain. It was June 2007 in Gold Coast. Me and a bunch of friends chose the wrong date to go vacation on the beach. It rained on and off almost everyday over the 7 days holidays. When sun-bathing under a bright blue sky was no longer an option, we decided to play on the beach soaked over the rain. It was a total fun.

Last night the rain was pouring hard. Mom asked me to take my dog into the house to prevent her of getting wet. When I got out I found my dog was sitting elegantly with her head up, gazing into the rain. I called her. She shifted her head towards me. But instead of get into the house, she came to me and pulled my hand. I knew she wanted to play. And so I accepted the dog offer to play under the rain. We played chase and catch for a while until we both get wet.

The dog got quite noisy with her bark, perhaps too excited and happy. She always barks whenever we play. Sometimes her tiny little foot slips on the slippery floor of my porch. She was too cute.

... and then my mom came out and shouted at me to get inside and stop acting like a five years old.

I don't get why people view rain as a horrible thing. Do people forget that it is just water not ice nor any solid object that could break your head if it hits you?

Let me ask you this, when was the last time you played in the rain?

2 comments:

Vita Masli said...

Hi Melissa.. I always love the rain, there's something about it that i can't resist. when i was a child i used to play under the rain with my siblings. Once or twice our parents didn't allowed us to.. that when i stayed at home watch the rain and drink hot chocolate..
Unfortunately the rainy season has over now taking over by the dry season, and if you were in my city you will know why i miss the rain so much because it soooooooooo hot!! Gosh..

I miss the rain..

Anonymous said...

Love the rain so much !
Its coldness, its mystery, its romance :) always call me back to take a shower under it.
Juz a few days ago, when Jakarta was showered at nite, me and hubby played with the rain :)

 
Blog Template by suckmylolly.com